Tuesday 19 March 2013

Queenstown Trails - Kelvin Peninsula to Jacks Point

The sun has come out.
Anne and I are on our way to Jacks Point.
We will see lots of autumn berries, learn about local geology, pemmican and much more.

Come, walk with us.
I am glad that Anne knows various trails around here. 
I am glad because I prefer to go on a different route each time I go walking.





 Looking north toward Queenstown...

and west to Cecil Peak.











Down to the shores of Lake Wakatipu

Anne asks me, "How did this rock get here?"
This is the first time I have walked with a geology major so I really enjoy my lesson about glaciation...
and Schist, and marble,



and up, skirting around the Jacks Point Golf Course...
with manicured greens, fairways and tees.




We pause and watch the parachutists descend. Seven of them airborne at a time.

We didn't need pemmican for this walk because a lovely lunch awaits on the deck at Jacks Point Club house.




A good walk.
Exercise for my mind and my body today.



No comments: